I make this ALL THE TIME! SO easy, no need to worry about “Oh shit, I forgot to defrost the chicken.” Love it. I just switch up the seasonings here and there. Use it in salads, alfredo, wraps, etc. I also halve this recipe since I’m only cooking for 2. Though I suppose you could freeze the extra for later uses.
- 4-5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs and breasts (you can use all thighs or you can use a mix of thighs and breasts)
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Put chicken in the Instant Pot. My chicken was 3 totally frozen blocks of chicken. Add in the water, bouillon, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, oregano and pepper.
- Secure the lid and turn the sealing vent to “sealed”.
- Press the manual button and adjust the time to 30 minutes (if frozen in a solid block like mine)/ 25 minutes (if frozen in individual breasts/thighs)/ 22 minutes if not frozen.
- Once the timer beeps let it sit for 10 minutes and then turn the valve from “sealing” to “quick pressure release.” Remove the lid and then remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Shred or cut the chicken.
- Eat as is or use in recipes that call for cooked chicken. Store leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator or in the freezer.