Reproduce the flavors of your favorite chicken curry without the use of any curry powder at all because as you must know by now with my blog, curry powder is not really Indian. At all. But this soup is delicious and nourishing, and quite authentic tasting–even though I completely made it up.
- 1 pound chicken thighs, skinless
- 1.5 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 3–4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 inch minced ginger finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Put all the ingredients into an Instant Pot and cook under pressure for 10 minutes, using natural pressure release afterward.
- Remove and shred chicken and place back into the soup.
- You could do this in a pot over a medium-low flame until he chicken was cooked. You might need to add a cup of water if you’re doing this over the stovetop.
- I also think this would work in a crockpot on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
108kcal | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 471mg | Potassium: 370mg | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 15g | Vitamin A: 38.1% | Vitamin C: 8.5% | Calcium: 3% | Iron: 7%